Wendy’s has unveiled a new global restaurant design standard, Global Next Gen, for improving customer, crew and digital experiences. Starting in fall 2022, the brand’s traditional restaurant new builds will feature a sleek, modern design with an optimized layout and next-gen technology to deliver more of the business to more people with a focus on convenience, speed and accuracy.
“To accelerate our business and expand our footprint around the world, we must constantly meet the needs of our customers, however they choose to engage with Wendy’s, whether through a digital platform or in drive-thru,” said Wendy’s President and CEO. Todd Penegor. “Global Next Gen improves the customer experience across all ordering channels and streamlines our team’s operations, while creating better returns for franchisees.”
Global Next Gen includes the following design features and technology to better serve today’s customers:
- Delivery pick-up window: A dedicated pick-up window and parking lot for delivery drivers, who previously had to enter the dining room, take orders and leave. This design also moves traffic away from the drive-thru line where customers are waiting, so the team can focus on taking and fulfilling orders more quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Dedicated Mobile Order Pickup: The new design includes mobile parking for orders and pick-up shelves in the restaurant. Customers select a pickup time during their Mobile Order and upon arrival, park in a dedicated Mobile Order parking spot, dine on the Mobile Order Pickup Shelves, and enjoy their Wendy’s favorites.
- Reinvented kitchen: A new galley-style galley design, which runs from front to back of the restaurant, increases efficiency and crew oversight across all sales channels. The galley design enables efficiencies at the point of sale, allows crew to move from position to position throughout the day, and speeds order fulfillment and culinary innovation.
- Next generation technology: Global Next Gen delivers the next generation of modernized technologies working hard behind the scenes, empowering restaurant teams to handle far more digital business than ever before. It also provides a platform for future-oriented technological innovation.
- Optimized infrastructure: The new restaurants will use more efficient building elements such as lighting and HVAC to reduce energy consumption and costs.
“As the first restaurant brand to offer a modern pick-up window more than 50 years ago, Wendy’s continues its legacy of design and innovation with Global Next Gen,” Penegor said. “Our new global restaurant standard opens up opportunities at the intersection of innovative design and technology, bringing us one step closer to our vision of becoming the world’s most successful and loved restaurant brand.”