Subway Canada launched new signature sandwiches, flavor combinations, Canadian-sourced ingredients, app upgrades and the promise of announcements coming in 2022.
Called “Eat Fresh Refresh,” the upgrades have been launched at Subway restaurants and are supported by Canadian athletics, three-time Olympic snowboard bronze medalist Mark McMorris and professional tennis player Leylah Fernandez.
“I’m careful about the food I eat because it can impact my performance, but I never compromise on taste. I’m also no stranger to getting out of my comfort zone – on and off the tracks,” said Mark McMorris. Subway Canada’s “Eat Fresh Refresh” is just that: we encourage Canadians to replace their “usual” with something extraordinary. »
“I constantly challenge myself to up my game and sharpen my skills by trying new things and remembering to make good food choices,” Fernandez says. “I can’t wait for Canadians to experience what’s new from Subway restaurants – high Canadian protein, fresh vegetables and new sauces, cheeses and breads; I know they will be impressed.
The duo will be featured in commercial spots and social promotion in the coming months.
As part of the refresh, Subway is now offering five new signature sandwiches:
- Bacon & Peppercorn Ranch Chicken: Featuring farm-raised Canadian chicken and maple-smoked bacon topped with vegetables and new peppercorn ranch dressing
- Smashed avocado and turkey: Served on Italian bread, topped with Canadian farmed deli-style turkey and Canadian cheddar and grilled, then topped with mashed avocado, lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, onion red and drizzled with mayonnaise
- Major Canadian club: Featuring deli-style turkey and ham and maple-smoked bacon, made with Canadian-raised turkey and pork. The Great Canadian Club is topped with lettuce, tomato and smoked honey mustard sauce
- Maple-smoked bacon and ham: Served on Italian bread, topped with deli-style ham and bacon made from Canadian-raised pork and Canadian cheddar. Once grilled, it is topped with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and red onion and drizzled with smoked honey mustard and mayonnaise
- Southwest Steak and Avocado: With seasoned steak and new mashed avocado, topped with chipotle sauce and banana peppers
“When we started designing the refreshment, we diligently tested flavor combinations, visited Canadian growers and farmers, and talked to Canadians about the options they wanted to see,” says Chef John Botelho, Culinary Director at Subway. Canada. “From our five new signature sandwiches, to the introduction of deli-style Canadian high protein, or the creation of three bold new sauces, we can’t wait for guests to discover new intense and fresh flavor combinations in every bite.”